Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Time for Sadness

I've received some news over the past two days. First, my children have had two friends who are sisters since my youngest was only three years old. Their mother passed away on Thursday. She used to be my next door neighbor. Sadly, their mother has had relatively little to do with these girls since the youngest of them was 6 years old. She is now 24 and expecting her first baby in December.

Needless to say, these two young ladies have very mixed emotions about their mom's death. Her memorial service is Sunday afternoon, and I'm going in support of them.

Secondly, I (and my Small Group) have been praying about a little boy named Chase. He was born with a heart defect that required a heart transplant. He was flown by Life Lion from Hershey Medical Center to the University of Pittsburgh when he was just days old. His parents are 18 and 19 years old. This little fellow has been through so much--at least 5 different surgical procedure that I know of, within his life span of 5 months.

I heard about Chase from a patient at my work, his great-grandmother. She just approached me shortly after he was born and said that she didn't know if I prayed or not, but if I did and if I knew anyone that did, to please pray for Chase.

Chase went to Heaven yesterday to be in the arms of Jesus. His great-grandma said that it was just time for him to rest.

I can just picture this little one, nestled in the arms of Jesus--Jesus looking down and smiling at him and welcoming him home.

So, please pray for Chase's family, particularly his young parents, to feel God's presence with them and His loving embrace wrapped around them.

Beth

No comments: