Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Bye-bye Goldfinch, Yum-Yum Spaghetti Pie!

First, I have to tell you--not only can I not find the thingy majigger to put my pictures on the computer, but now my batteries have died!!

We have a bird feeder outside my office window, and there is a beautiful goldfinch that comes everyday to feed. I've been trying to take a picture of this little bird for a couple of weeks. Today, he finally came around to the side of the feeder that faces the window. I crept up to the window very slowly because he scares so easily and flies away.

Okay--up to the window, bird in position, camera in position--batteries dead!! No picture of this birdie today!!

Now--on to the spaghetti pie. I made two, and my son ate almost an entire one by himself when he came home from work. I seem to always make to much spaghetti, and this is perfect for using the leftovers. Just make sure to keep the leftover pasta and sauce separate when you put it away.

Here we go:

Mix two beaten eggs, 2 tablespoons butter, 1/3 cup parmesan cheese and 8 oz. of cooked pasta.
Put this into the bottom of a 10 inch pie pan. Cover the pasta with your leftover sauce. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until heated through. Then sprinkle some mozarella cheese on top and bake for 10 more minutes until the cheese is melted.

Let it cool a little, and then it slices up just like a pie! My kids always loved this when they were little, and appparently my son still does!!

I sometimes add a little ricotta cheese on top of the pasta before putting on the sauce or mix in some zucchini or squash with the sauce. You can do almost anything you like with this, and it's always delicious!!

K--that's all for a while!!

Beth

1 comment:

Aunt Kathy said...

I will have to try that pie.

Sorry you missed the photo opt... get some batteries woman.