Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thankful Thursday



"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under Heaven.....a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted...."
Ecclesiastes 3:1-2

I printed this verse and took it to work today. Then I gave it to three people to think about and write what they are thankful for during this season in their life.

Here are their answers:

#1. "I am thankful for the health of my parents who are in their 80's. Most people my age lost their
parents long ago."

#2 "I am thankful that all of my children have found their lot in life and are happy and healthy."

#3 "I am thankful that at this point in my life I am still at a place where I can choose whatever path
I want to take and be successful wherever I am."

I take "Thankful Thursday" to my work because most of the people there don't realize just what they have to be thankful for. There is a lot of grumbling, complaining, gossiping about others and just not a pleasant atmosphere for the most part.

Amazing, when these 3 people put words onto paper as just one thing that they are thankful for how their attitudes changed towards others.

And here is my list of thankfuls for this week, for this season of my life:

  • I am thankful for this time of year, the fall of the year approaching, the splendor the leaves turning into gorgeous colors of reds, yellows, oranges. Who could have imagined this wonder except for God!
  • I am thankful for this season for my church. It is a wondrous time--all the Small Groups and entire church coming together as one. The message on Sunday correlates with the Small Group teachings throughout the week. I love this time of year--connecting people with Small Groups who don't belong to one at the moment.
  • I am thankful for the rough times of my life because they make me fully appreciate the good times.
  • I am thankful that I experienced the love of my sister who passed away almost 5 years ago. She truly brought joy and light into my life when sometimes there was none.
  • I am thankful that I have a roof over my head because there were times when I thought I may not.
  • I am thankful for God never leaving my side, even though I wasn't even close to looking at Him. He never let me go, and I am most thankful for this.
  • I am thankful for this season of my life. I know whatever this season brings, good or bad, God will guide me through and use me for His good and given purpose.

Beth



2 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

I am thankful that I found you for a friend.

I love that people is your office actually answer your questions, where I worked they would have made a joke out of it.

HisPrincess said...

So many things to be thankful for! Thankyou for reminding me to be thankful for what I have!