Tuesday, September 9, 2008

TAGGED!!!


YES!!!! I have been tagged in Dish Rag Tag!! This means I should be receiving the box probably by Thursday. This is my plan--receive the box--knit.....knit......knit.......dishcloth finished!! Off to the handy-dandy mailing machine at the post office and ship the box off again--all in the same evening!! I hope it gets here Thursday and not Friday. I have plans for Friday night, but I tell you this much--I would put my plans on hold for DRT!! This team has just been awesome!!
We're supposed to put a little gift in the box to mail to the next person. I wanted to send something that was only from Pennsylvania. Someone at my work suggested lebanon bologna!! I can just imagine how the yarn would smell by the time it reached the next person.
I'm thinking more along the lines of something from Hershey, but then again I'm afraid the chocolate would melt. Hmmmmm.......any ideas????
As for my son---he did come in to visit the doctor today. My diagnosis was correct---he does have cellulities as well as an abscess on his toe. He has to be on antibiotics for 10 days and use a cream also. Hopefully, this will do the trick.
I called around to a couple of different drugstores for prices for the antibiotic. The highest store was $43.99 and the lowest was $17.99. Now, I wonder about this--why is there such a huge difference for the exact same medication?
Well, I'm off to create a few things. I'm getting ready to add some things to my Etsy shop. There's free shipping for the month of September, and I'm thinking of continuing that on to October just because this is my favorite time of year.
A friend of mine has a list on her blog about why she likes this time of year, and I have to agree with every item on her list. She happened to mention the different foods we eat at this time of year as compared to the summer--stews, soups, etc.
Tomorrow, I'll share the best and easiest beef stew recipe I've ever come across.
Oh, and remember the Prayer Journal. If you want to be a participant of this, please drop me an e-mail. That way, when everything is all ready, you can be added on to the list of participants. I'm still thinking of names--any help with that is appreciated also. This is for all of us, so I'd really like your input as to what you would like to see and not see in this journal.
K--that's all for a while!
Beth

5 comments:

HisPrincess said...

Sorry to hear about your Son's foot but glad he has the medication to help him heal. Did you say "I told you so?" I know I would have!

sailorcross said...

Thanks, Sharon!! He is still pretty miserable with this.

No, I didn't tell him I told you so--don't have to--he already knows that he should have gotten to the doctor sooner!

magnoliasntea said...

If you're going to stash "the box" with Hershey's candy, then forget the rules and tag me, PLEASE!

We're still roastin' here in the South. Can't wait for soup weather.

Trusting you son will be much better soon. :)

Aunt Kathy said...

Tag me too, oh wait we aren't on the same team and I have already been tagged. Bummer

praying for your son, I have been there I know he is in a lot of pain.

sailorcross said...

Kathy,

I already sent Tea a message regarding this "Hershey" stash!

I only live about 20 minutes from Hershey and can get it fresh! Sounds even more enticing!! And, there are tons of stuff that you don't even see in the stores---hmmmm.....I feel a trip to Chocolate World coming on again!

Beth