Thursday, August 14, 2008

Whoa!! Frustration Is the Word for the Day!!

I was searching for a picture of something else when I came upon this picture. It really struck me funny because this has actually happened to me! I literally cannot see a thing without my glasses or contacts!! I started wearing glasses when I was almost 6 years old, and my eyesignt is pretty poor without correction.


One night I set my glasses (I didn't have contacts at this time) on my nightstand, right next to my bed. When I got up the next morning, they were gone! I searched and searched, as best as I could, for almost 45 minutes. I finally starting crying in frustration! How was I going to be able to go to work? What was going to do? Call my supervisor and say, "I'm sorry I can't come to work today? I can't find my glasses?" I don't think she would appreciate that at all!


So, I did the only thing that I could do. I awakened my youngest daughter (still living in PA at the time), crying, saying to her, "I need help!" She jumped up immediately thinking that some terrible tragedy had befallen me. Well, in my viewpoint, it had!


She comes into my bedroom, starts looking around (she with her perfect vision!) and immediately finds them on the floor underneath my bed. Obviously, this was again a cat problem!! Scout, my older kitty, apparently had ventured onto my nightstand while I was sound asleep, knocked them to the floor and I just couldn't find them!


Frustration seems to be my key word for today. All of my efforts to get my swap items ready to be mailed today have fallen to the wayside! I packaged everything, took everything to work with me today--planning to stop at the post office on my way home and ship them out.


Arriving at the post office--which had already closed--I thought to myself, "No problem--I'll just use their handy-dandy mailing machine and ship these out!" Into the post office, laden with packages, wait in line due to the fact that there were 3 people ahead of me. Finally, it's my turn!!


I set my packages down only to discover that I cannot find my bank card anywhere! Does this machine accept cash? Of course not!! I searched and searched--still no bank card!! Where did I leave this??


Gather up the packages, come home (all the while thinking--I must have taken this out for something, left it at home) to get the card and head back to the post office.


Do you think I can find that card anywhere? Of course not!! So, I called the bank, had them put a block on my card and have to wait 7-10 days for another!!


The packages are still in my car and quess where I'm going to be headed during my lunch tomorrow?


Oh, and as for Saturday--no, it's not a family reunion!! I'm going out to breakfast Saturday morning with two friends, but that's not it either. This is Saturday night!


Another hint? It only will cost me $6!!


K- that's all for a while!!


Beth

2 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

I am baffled

Did you look under the bed where the glasses were for the bank card, lol

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

Hello, I'm visiting from the internet cafe.

This was a cute post. I agree with Aunt kathy, did yo look under the bed for the bank card? LOL!

I am sorry you were so upset by the loss of the glasses. It must have been terrible not being able to see to find them.

To get to the point where we trust God in every circumstance (even lost bank cards) that is truly the journey we are all on. (I'm not there yet!).

Nice to meet you!