Friday, August 22, 2008

Two Surpises and Some Ideas

Yesterday I received my hot pad swap from my partner. Here's a pic so you can see what it looks like:

Here's the funny thing--I sent her the exact same pattern hot pad. I was searching through my stash of yarn, and I found the exact same yarn. I was going to use that, but then something else caught me eye and I opted for the other yarn. It wuold have been so funny if we had sent each other the exact same thing!!


Then, when I came home from work, there were flowers sitting in front of my door. Honestly, I thought the delivery person had made a mistake. Surely, these must be for someone else! I don't know anyone who would have sent me flowers.


But, I was wrong!! They were for me--a thank you for thoughtfulness to someone. Here's a pic of the flowers--they are my favorites, too--gerber daisies, lilies, carnations and two beautiful pink roses!

I certainly didn't expect flowers for a "random act of kindness", but it was definitely a wonderful surprise and a great pick-me-up.

I'm trying to think of some things to expand my etsy shop. I'm going to be offering hot pads (similar to the ones above) with an Isul-Bright lining for added heat protection. I also have some material to make satin pillowcases, and I'm thinking of putting them in my shop. Just in case you don't know, satin pillowcases are wonderful. I have used these since I was a little girl and my hair was below my waist. These pillowcases prevent tangles in the hair and also avoids breakage of the hair. My hair is still below my shoulders, and I still use these.

My youngest asked me to make some and send them to her. Apparently, when she went to get her hair trimmed, the hairdresser said to her, "You sleep on your left side, don't you?" And she answered, "Yes, how do you know that?" Hairdresser: "Because your hair is thinner on the left side which means that it's breaking off." She's always had satin pillowcases also until she moved away.

I guess I'll be making some of them to send to her tomorrow also.

Any other ideas??? I'm open to suggestions!!

Also, tomorrow will be "trying" to update the blog day. We'll just have to wait and see how that goes!!

K--that's all for a while!!

Beth

1 comment:

Aunt Kathy said...

That's too funny about the hot pads, lol

I am anxiously waiting to see your new blog look.

Have you thought about your bookmarks in your ETSY shop, they really are beautiful