Saturday, August 16, 2008

I've Got It!!

Yes, I've got it--strep throat!! Working in a doctor's office for a long time seems to make a person immune to a lot of things. But, when you get sick, you really get sick!!

I was a little headachey with a scratchy throat yesterday, but nothing too bad. Last night, the throat became worse, headache became worse, slight fever and swollen glands.

Lucky for me that I do work for a doctor, and a quick phone call made it possible for me to get started on antibiotics this morning.

But, no breakfast with my friends, no tonight, no preschool class tomorrow, and no church tomorrow for me!! I'm contagious!!

So, what was I going to do tonight? I was going square dancing!! Yes, you read it correctly!! Square dancing!! I couldn't wait either. I haven't done this since I was in high school (as I said), but I loved it then and was wanting to go tonight.

Oh well!! I can try for next month when this event will occur again.

Today I'm going to rest and try to feel better. Hopefully, later today I'll get back to answer today's Internet Cafe question. I read it and want and need to write about this.

Beth

2 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Oh beth, what a bummer. I know you were so excited about tonight. Guess God had other plans, and we know His ways are always better. Guess rest is what you are supposed to be doing.

I can get strep throat just by hearing the word, cough cough, I think my throat is scratchy already.

I have to check out this Internet Cafe thing some day. Maybe once I figure out how to get a three column blog layout.

Tiffanie Lloyd said...

Oh, I HATE strep. I got it a ton as a kid. The only good thing was that my mom would always stay home with me and get me a Bill Millers BBQ sandwich.

Hope you feel better soon!! And so sorry you missed square dancing!