Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Storms and Overextended!



Wow!!! We have some wicked thunderstorms early yesterday morning before I left for work. I love thunderstorms, but these were a lilttle too intense and close for comfort!

A friend of mine had his chimney hit by lightening during these storms. This did a lot of damage to his chimney, his roof, his deck roof and many electronic devices. But, he and his family are safe and sound, so I praise and thank God for waching over them during this storm. Damage can be repaired and things can be replaced, but special people like this family cannot be replaced.

Also, I made a list during my lunch at work today of all the things I must do before the end of the week--not things I just want to do, but things that must be accomplished by week's end. This list is just way, way too long!!

I have to ask myself why I do this to myself. Why do I keep overextending myself and end up feeling stressed about this?

I have all of these "things" listed in order of priority--most important to least important--so, I have to say that I'm being organized about being overextended!

On a brighter note, you'll never guess what I'm going to be doing Saturday night!! Go ahead--take a guess. I'll let you know on Saturday exactly what I'm doing that evening. A small hint--it's something I haven't done since high school--that's a LONG time ago--and it's going to be fun!!

K--that's all for a while!

Beth

3 comments:

Beverly said...

I love thunder storms, too and we had one in Chicago last week that was waaaay too close. It was a tornado warning and the buildings shook and the windows rattled while the lightning was the most spectacular i've ever seen. It knocked out our power from 8pm until 1:30am.
It was soul stirring to say the least!

Aunt Kathy said...

We have had T-storms all week.

Sounds like a high school reunion... so Beth what are you gonna wear?

Tiffanie Lloyd said...

We have had a ton of storms and tornado warnings this last spring, and then there was the flood... When things are lost and damaged, but lives are spared, it sure puts perspective on life.

Can't wait to hear about Saturday!