Friday, August 15, 2008

A Variety of Topics

I made it to the post office today after work and mailed those packages off!! Alright!! Now, I have a few more things to finish up and mail, and then I'll be all caught up (just for a little while though).

But, it sure does feel good to have completed three projects that I had on my plate (and my mind!)

I received an e-mail today from Yarn Miracle that I won the Divvs contest. I don't know what I won because the prize is "knitting goodness". Whatever it is, I'm sure I'll love it, and I can't wait to find out what it is!! I'll let you know when I receive it.

This contest actually was a kind of trial run for a new website, and it gave you a numerical value for your "social ability". My score was only 30, and I was rather disappointed with this because I think I'm a pretty social person!! Guess I'll have to work on that a little more!!

Dish Rag Tag is off and running. If you look at the bar on the side of my blog, you can see the progress bar. Right now all 24 teams are at the same point. I'm in team #23--The Rag-Taggers.
I've never done this before, but it sounds like fun and some excitement thrown in with the competition of 23 other teams.

And yes, Aunt Kathy--I looked under the bed!! No bank card!! Oh, well--it doesn't matter now since I had the bank put a hold on this card. I'll just have to wait until they issue me a new one. And I do have to ask you this--75 squares??? That's a lot of squares!! I hope you get them all finished!!

I'm in the midst of training a new person at work, and she has come down with strep throat! I hope I don't get this, but it is very contagious, and we have been working closely together for over a week now!! I wouldn't want to spoil my plans for tomorrow evening!!

Ah, yes!! What am I doing tomorrow evening? Another hint? You have to have a partner!!

Let's see--a partner, $6, wearing jeans, tee shirt and sneakers and I haven't done this since I was in high school. Hmmmmm......wonder what it could be!!

Well, I'm off to work on finishing up the last of the projects on my list. Then what will I do?? Easy enough--I'll just start on some new things and end up with another list!!

K--that's all for a while!!

Beth


3 comments:

magnoliasntea said...

Hi Beth!

Congrats on winning the Divvs contest. Can't wait to see what you won.
Oh, DRTS is very exciting. I can't wait to get the box...squeeeee.
Go Cotton Queens!!

The banners are easy as pie to make. I just crop a picture in Paint Shop Pro to look kinda like the one on my blog, then I go to blogger layout & edit my header. When you click to edit you will see the browse button for adding a pic. If you try it, hope yours turns out great!

Anonymous said...

That's great that you won!
I am in dishrag tag on team 1 (it has a name but I forget!)

Aunt Kathy said...

$6.00, jeans, T-shirt and sneakers... what are you going to be doing?????