Monday, August 18, 2008

Surprises in the Mail!!

Today was a day of surprises in the mail for me!!

First, I received my dishcloth swap from Florida. Here's a pic of the two dishcloths my partner sent me.






She did a really nice job, and it's always a surprise to see what pattern and colors your partner uses! I just love these! Thank you, Kathy from Florida!!


Then, I also received my prize package from Yarn Miracle for winning the Divvs contest!! Some beautiful sock yarn called "Shyla", a darning kit and some special solution to wash delicate fibers in. Here's a pic of my surprise package from Emily of Yarn Miracle.




This picture is a little bit dark (sorry about that--I've yet to master all the features my camera possesses), but the yarn is a beautiful pale yellowish-green color with some camel and dark brown mixed in. I can't wait to get started on some new socks with this yarn. Thank you, Emily!!

Wait a minute!! Did I say I was going to start on another pair of socks? No, I'm not!! I have to finish the socks that the "Miles Demolisher" got into first!! Stay posted for those and then these new ones!! Oh, I just can't wait!!

These surprises almost made it worth receiving the electric, gas and water bill all in one day!

K--that's all for a while!!

Beth

2 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Hey Beth I got a package in the mail today too, lol.

I LOVE the bookmark, can;t wait to listen to the CD's and read the books.

You are awesome, and I am blessed

magnoliasntea said...

I love those dishcloths! What pretty patterns. Oh boy, you're going to have fun with the yarn. It's lovely.