Sunday, September 5, 2010

On to CHRISTmas!!

I've almost completed Lydia's Starghan.....a few more rows and then the edging!! And then her birthday present will be complete!! Whew...one project accomplished!!





Next, I have to finish her stocking. I was going to take pictures of what the completed stocking is going to look like and how much I have done....but, my battery is 'exhausted'!! I know I have two new batteries here somewhere...but then again, some things were moved in preparation for the arrival of the piano.





Speaking of the piano, I went shopping yesterday to try and locate some instructional books. I only found one or two, and both of them were double the price of the very same books offered on Amazon. But, my friend, Peggy, found some online instruction at Zebra Keys which I think I'll be trying out today.





So, here is a picture of the completed stocking from 1-2-3 Stitch. I love this company!! They have so many counted cross stitch (and other) projects that I have never seen in a craft store.








Of course, the name will say 'Lydia' and not 'Adrienne'



So, until I find the batteries, I'll just let you know that I have only a small portion of the animals at the bottom completed and a portion of the red-checkered toe....WOW....do I have a lot to work on!! But, this is important to my children. At this point, Lydia won't remember one way or the other whether she had a stocking this year, but her mother and aunt and uncle will....



I'll be getting some new batteries (if I can't find the ones I know I have) and post an update next Sunday of my progress.



Beth








No comments: