Monday, December 29, 2008

My Day With Lindsay

I said I'd be back to today, and so I am!!

Yesterday I spent with my daughter--my youngest daughte
r, Lindsay, who is here for the holidays from Texas. She is so busy when she is visiting--going to see friends and other family members that we had to just sit down and pick a day that was "ours".

What did we do yesterday?

I awoke early (as usual!) and went to church, and s
he slept in--a much needed sleep for her. When I came home, she was ready to go, and we went out to breakfast which took us about 2 hours!! Not that the service was that bad, it just took us that long to eat, talk and catch up with each other. There were laughter and tears involved, and neither of us cared one bit that we were sitting in public with tears rolling down our cheeks.

Then, we went to the store and bought some supplies to make Hot Pepper Jelly. I don't know if you've ever had this before, but it is delicious with cream cheese and crackers. Lindsay brought some home with her from Texas last year, and we loved it.

Firefly had mentioned a recipe for this, and she was kind enough to post this on her blog. So, we had to try this yesterday.


It was simple to make, and last evening we just had to try some. Yummy!!! I'll be making some more of this next year for Christmas presents, I'm sure.

Of course, this wouldn't be complete without a picture of the finished project:

Thanks for sharing your recipe, Firefly!! It is a success!!

Then we made ham and bean soup from the left over ham from Christmas dinner to have for this evening. We spent a good amount of time in the kitchen yesterday afternoon, but we talked, laughed and enjoyed ourselves while we worked together.

Lindsay works in a restaurant in Texas while she is attending school. She has to carry hot plates from the kitchen to tables, and I had made her a round hot pad to use. Apparently, there are some people at her work who like these a lot.

So, I sat down and crocheted a few more for her to take back to her co-workers:



All I can say is that we had a wonderful time--not doing anything spectacular--just spending time together. This was a wonderful day, and we both needed this time with each other.

I'm starting something new at "The Power of Your Love" today--something I've been telling myself that I need to do for quite some time.

Stop by--maybe you'd like to join me in my quest!!

Beth


9 comments:

Denise said...

I am so happy that you got to spend some sweet time with your daughter making memories my friend. I love you.

Kelly said...

So glad you had a fun visit!

HisFireFly said...

The best part of this recipe for me is that I can make it out of Rick's home grown hot peppers which seem to produce abundantly!

Aunt Kathy said...

Ok I MUST know about this hot pepper jelly. One I have never made jelly in my life so will it be too hard for me? Two what does it taste like, hot, sweet, both? Please tell me more. LOL

Jennifer said...

Oh, your visit with your daughter sounds wonderful. I love just spending time with my family and not really do anything big.

I am so happy that your had a wonderful Christmas, dear friend.

Have a wonderful week....Happy New Year!

((hugs))

HisPrincess said...

Days like this are the ones I treasure most. Just being together and enjoying each other's company. So glad you had a lovely day.

Marsha said...

I simply must try to make the pepper jelly! I love, love pepper jelly!

Edie said...

I have never had pepper jelly before. What exactly is it? :)

So glad you got to spend time with your daughter. Doesn't that restaurant have trays to deliver the food? How sweet of you to make those hot pads for the employees.

Rich blessings to you as you bring in the New Year!

magnoliasntea said...

The hot pepper jelly sounds very interesting! I'll have to look into the recipe..very pretty in the jars, too.

My my, you are one giving soul makin' all those hot pads for Lindsay's co-workers. It's a great idea. WTG!