Sunday, December 21, 2008

WELCOME TO THE WORLD!!

Yesterday my oldest daughter, Cara, and I took a very special trip. This trip only took about 1/2 hour in time, but this was an important occasion.

This was the official meeting of my first "grandchild". No, he's
really not my grandchild, but I've known the mother of this baby since she was three years old. We used to live next door to her, and she and both of my daughters became instant friends and have remained so some 20 years later.

His "true" grandmother passed away this summer. So, I have been adopted as "Grandma".

And here is his introduction to the world:


WELCOME PAYTON EDWARD!!

BORN DECEMBER 10, 2008

8 POUNDS 3 OU
NCES


Pretty cute, my first "grandchild"--don't you think?

Tomorrow night is my Small Group CHRISTmas party, so I have some food to prepare today for this, as well as finishing my friend Linda's birthday present for tomorrow. Busy day!!

I'll have some pictures to share of both of these festivities on Tuesday.

In the meantime, if you would--stop over at "The Power of Your Love" and welcome a very special child to our world!! This child is a King, and He can't wait to make your acquaintance!!

Have a wonderful day!!



Beth

9 comments:

Kelly said...

Congrats - he is precious!

Marsha said...

I just want to kiss those precious checks!

Edie said...

Congratulations! He is a precious little one. God did REAL GOOD when He invented grandkids. :) My second grandaughter was born on the same day!

God Bless you and yours as you celebrate the Birth of our King!

Unknown said...

Beth,

Congrats on Payton!

Oh how special to be in his life!

Thank you for the sweet words and encouragment! I'm so happy to have met you this year.

Wishing you and yours a very Merry CHRISTmas and New Year!

Hugs and love,
Jill

SimplyMe said...

How wonderful that you've been an adopted grandparnt!! He's quite the handsome one too.

Aunt Kathy said...

Payton is adorable. New babies just are proof that God is with us, always.

GranthamLynn said...

How sweet and precious. And how fun. Very sweet post. I love visiting you when I get a chance. I love your music today. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
Many Blessings,
Sherry

Knittin Kudzu said...

What a precious blessing to receive at this time of the year!

Just wanted to stop by to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas! May God richly bless you all!

Sandy

Carole Burant said...

Such a darling little baby and I love the name Payton!! How wonderful that you will be his substitute grandma:-) xoxo