Friday, October 8, 2010

Tiny Stitches In My Mind



Today is the "official" last day of my 'stacation'. I'm not counting the weekends because I always have them anyway....

I've been working (some) on Lydia's CHRISTmas stocking, and I know that I have promised pictures...


So, here it is:



This is what the finished stocking will look like:


Picture from 1-2-3 Stitch
And this is how far I've come:
As you can see, I have a lot to complete here. But, looking at what I've accomplished so far and what is to come, I know that this will be finished for this year's CHRISTmas. I have a tendency to get bored with working with a particular color and jump around to this area and that area. At some point, I'm just going to have to settle down and work this in the way it is supposed to be done.
Yesterday, I did a complete housecleaning of my bedroom. In doing the closet, I found the material that I bought in July of 2008 to make those satin pillowcases for my daughters!! Now, that is pretty sad....I've had this for over two years....just sitting there....and it's a matter of a few seams and they will be done!! So, this is now out and in my view as an incentive to complete these.
As an added bonus, I found that I had also at that time purchased a pattern which has throw pillows for your bed--in addition to several other bedroom decorating items. Now, all I need is the material for Lindsay's throw pillows for her bed along with the initiative to do this.
Cara and I are going today to pick out a pumpkin for Lydia...perhaps I'll talk her into going to the fabric store and helping me pick out some fabric for Lindsay's pillows. This shouldn't require too much proding on my part....she's always excited to go anywhere!!
I'm looking at the CHRISTmas counter....I'd better get going!!
Beth

3 comments:

Rilda said...

Awesome job and what a treasure to behold. *U*

hakucho said...

Wow, you've got a lot done on the stocking....looks beautiful so far :)

Peggy said...

Blessings Beth... awesome work, get going..you must finish ahead of time for Lydia... I was going to skip this but needed to ask what is stacation?
What does it mean? "Christmas is coming the geese is getting fat...:0)
how are the piano lessons coming?