Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful Thursday and Join Me at the Cafe



I am joining Sonya at Truth 4 the Journey for Thankful Thursday, and since the Internet Cafe Holiday Expo is also on gratitude, I decided to combine the two into one post.

Sonya is requesting that we list 5 things that we are thankful for, no matter how big or small.Since this is Thanksgiving, the day that is set aside to be thankful, I have more than 5 big things that I'm thankful for today:

  • Jesus, who loved and thought enough of me to give His very life for me
  • God’s love for me
  • God waiting patiently for me to re-turn to Him
  • Forgiveness
  • God surrounding me with people to uplift and encourage me to press onward
  • My continual growth in God’s Word and His LOVE
  • My faith in God, which is so strong, that I KNOW that one day my family will be restored and brought to HIM (MY ENTIRE FAMILY)
  • My children--children I thought I would never have and are now adults. Thank you, God for these precious blessings
As for what I've done today--on Thanksgiving:

I've spent the day cooking Thanksgiving dinner for my children and I. We just finished eating, and we're all extremely full. The clean-up operation hasn't begun yet, but soon.

Just so you know that I really do can cook, here's a picture of
my turkey:




While waiting for the turkey and side dishes to complete cooking, I finished Cara's hat which matches her Irish Hiking Scarf.

I haven't decided whether to add a pom pom on the top or not. What do you think? Pom pom or not?

I even did a load of laundry today, and as I was doing this I was thinking about how thankful I am to have running water, clothes to wear, a washer and dryer because there are many who do not.

I am also thankful for the provision of food that we enjoyed for our Thanksgiving dinner. There are so many in this country and others who don't have one regular meal a day--much less the amount of food I prepared for my family.

Also, one last item, and then I'm out for the day:

Heather is Giving Thanks on Thanksgiving, 2008, by setting up a blog specifically for people to post their testimonies. This is what she has to say:

"This week, many bloggers have devoted a special post in which they are sharing their personal testimonies of the Lord's work in their lives and/or that of their families. Our collective prayer is that this sharing of their testimonies will not only encourage each other and give Glory to our Lord, but also show the love of Christ to those who happen upon our blogs. To enjoy many more testimonies please visit them ...
or maybe you'd like to join them!!!

Please stop by and visit Heather and read all the wonderful testimonies of how Our Lord is working in each and everyone of our lives.


I
have posted my testimony here, and I would appreciate it if you would stop by, read and know me more--where I have been and come from and the person I have become.

My wish for all of you is that you have had a blessed Thanksgiving, one to stop and be thankful for all that you have in your life.




5 comments:

Kelly said...

{{hugs}} to you Beth. You are amazing! You've come a long way!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Peggy said...

Blessings and thank you Beth...
I'm so thankful for our friendship!
WOW!!! Beautiful Thankful List, beautiful turkey, beautiful hat...better looking than store bought...very rich!!! Could not have been much more complete except for Lindsay...AMEN!!! ENTIRE FAMILY
and might I add with a testimony like yours...this growth of leaps and bounds with a heart change like
you yourself...I expect GREATER & BETTER & a complete SALVATION story WON by ONE...You are a wonderful mother and person and friend! A warm heart...a changed heart...a new heart transformed by the POWER of YOUR LOVE & HIS LOVE! It can only get better, right? Big hugs!

And I so enjoyed our shared Thanksgiving! De...li..cious!
Thank you for the invite! That's a lot done in one day! Be sure to pray the same as yesterday for a good night's rest & sleep & arise in His timing for you refreshed!

Denise said...

Be greatly blessed sweetie.

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

Hi Beth,

Thanks for joining me in Thanksful Thursdays! I loved your list of five. Your turkey was beautiful, as well. And the hat! Can I put an order in? I prefer black - it goes witheverything! LOL! I wish I could knit/crochet like that.

As far as bon bon on the top, I'd say only if the recipient is 8 or under. :)

Have a wonderful "black friday" my friend.
Sonya

Cheryl Barker said...

Beth, just wanted to pop in and thank you for visiting my blog (I left a comment for you, there, too.) So glad you liked the gratitude journal idea! Yes, please feel free to share the idea -- and I always love it when someone links back to me! :) Thanks for offering!

I love it that you posted a picture of your turkey :) Enjoy the rest of Thanksgiving weekend!