Thursday, July 3, 2008

Ahhhh!!! The three day weekend at last!! Why does a short work week always seem longer than the usual work week?? Probably because we're looking forward to having three days off in a row.

Today was a different day at work--not nearly as busy--probably a lot of people have already left for their 4th of July festivities, family gatherings and picnics. Some at work left early--that's how slow it was!! Usually, we're running around in full gear trying to get everything accomplished that needs accomplished in a day, and of course, doing all of this with a smile on our faces--at least, most of us have smiles on our faces.

I'm thinking of taking some online courses to complete my degree. I'm very interested in accounting. For some reason, I find all the checks and balances fascinating. I know--it sounds so nerdy, but somebody has to like numbers, and I do.

Knitting--I'm up to date on my two July dishcloth KAL's. I have no idea yet what they are. I've looked and looked at them, from all different angles, and still no idea!! Maybe tomorrow a lightbulb will appear over my head.

I haven't started the other KAL from The Gathering Room with the wrap and turn technique. I'm going to work on that tomorrow when I'm fully alert and relaxed. Nothing worse then trying something new when I don't have all my wits about me!! I really need to learn this because some of my Christmas presents that I'm making also have this in the instructions.

I've also received some news about a Sock A Long--I quess we'll call that SAL. I think I'm going to try that. Socks and I have been trying to get together for some time now. Maybe with just a few lines of instructions everyday and others working on this at the same time will meet with some success in the knitting accomplishment goal of mine!!

Have a wonderful evening, and I'll talk with you tomorrow!!

Beth

1 comment:

Aunt Kathy said...

Good luck on the SAL, I don;t have the time to do one of those right now, but I hope to soon.

I like numbers too and I balance my checkbook to the penny every month without fail. It's an obsession, lol