Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My New Home (SOON!)

I came home from work yesterday thinking that I was going to just sit and be for a few minutes, look over some last minute things for our Small Group. Those plans fell away as soon as Andrew walked in the door and announced, "Josh is on his way over, and we're going to look at the house!"

I told him that I thought we were doing this on Tuesday, and he says, "No, Josh settled this morning and he wants you to see it."

So, off we go!!

I had never seen this house, just knew of the road it was on, and that was it! But, the way all the pieces are falling into place, I felt in my heart that God has planned this for me in answer to my prayers to Him. I KNEW that this house was the one HE chose for me!


This is the front of my house, taken from the driveway that runs along the side. There's a little shed on the other side of the driveway (with a lawn mower already inside!). The sidewalk is inlaid brick and still ice covered. I can see that there needs to be some digging in the dirt--some flowers and new bushes--just picturing this is my mind!


This is the side view with the door that leads into the mud room where the washer and dryer are also located. You can see the fencing in the background. There is a gate there that leads to the deck on the back of the house. Hmmm...that area under that window needs some perking up, too!!


Here's the deck taken with the doors that lead into the living room. Josh is going to power wash and restain the deck in the spring and fix the doors this week (He is very handy, like that!)

This is the first thing I saw when I walked into the living room!


Yes, a fireplace!!! Josh forgot to mention that little piece of information!! When I saw this I just jumped up and down and hugged him!! I told him how happy he has made me--that he just doesn't know how wonderful this is to me!! There is a mantle (I'll always wanted a mantle!) above the fireplace. I think I only have the bottom of this in the picture, but it's hard to take pictures when you're jumping up and down!!

This can be used as an electric fire place or as a wood burner!! YEAH!!!



Here's Josh in the kitchen!! What a beautiful kitchen!! I've never had so many cabinets and drawers in my life!! I don't think I have enough things to fill all of these!! The doorway next to Josh leads to the mud room and the side door. The washer and dryer are located there. I didn't take a picture of those. We all know what washers and dryers look like!


This is the front entrance area. You can see the steps lowered in the background because Andrew just HAD to go up into the attic!! Again, YEAH--STORAGE SPACE (along with that shed!)



This is actually the main wall that is in the dining room. Josh told me that he can "get rid of this" if I don't want it. I think we'll keep it there for a while. What do you think?


And here is the view of the Conodoquinet Creek taken from the deck. Can you just see me sitting out there--knitting, reading, just soaking in God's presence?

I CAN!!




There are three houses below which are closer to the creek, and a path that leads to the creek so you can walk down in between these houses--sit next to the water, fish (yes, there are a few people I know who will make use of that opportunity!).

There are three bedrooms and of course, a bathroom! I have pictures of them, but you can't tell much from them.

My bedroom faces the creek, Andrew's is in the middle of the house, and the one that will be used as my craft room and office is in the front of the house. Josh said there aren't enough electrical outlets in there for me, so he's going to add some. He can do it, too!! He is an electrician!

While we were there, a neighbor from one of the houses below came up and introduced himself. He pointed out which house he lives in and told me that if I ever need anything to not even hesitate to let him know. He said that everyone watches out for everyone else and help each other!! He knew the people that lived here before, and he walked around outside with Josh and Andrew--pointing out different things to them about the oil tanks, the air conditioning unit, the fencing on the one side (which Josh is taking down and this neighbor said that he would help him!). WHAT!!! My neighbors here act like we are invisible to each other!! I say "Hello, how are you?" "It's a beautiful day, isn't it?" and there is absolutely no answer, not even a nod.

Josh is there today steam cleaning the carpets, and his father is fixing a spot on the roof near the chimney. He already gave me a key!!

I asked him when we can move in, and he said, "Whenever you're ready, just move on in!"

My plan is to pack things and take them over bit by bit, unpack them and organize them. Then, when the actual "moving" day occurs, the only things left are the furniture and necessities that we needed for the last few days.

Someone in my Small Group has access to trucks from their work, and said we can use them instead of renting a truck. And I'll have a lot of help, too!!

Now, as if things couldn't get any better--Josh actually put in a bid $20,000 lower than the person's selling price. $20,000 lower!! And, he accepted it!!

This means that my monthly rent will be $200 less than what I am paying now for this small apartment!! And I still have the comfort of knowing that if something needs repaired that it is not my responsibility to pay to have it fixed.

All in God's plans, God's perfect timing, and I give God all the glory and praise for this new home in my life!! A prayer of many years answered--but not until everything was just the way it was supposed to be.

THANK YOU, GOD!!!

God is restoring to me what I have lost--my home, my car, everything. Slowly, but surely, my prayers are being answered, and answered in a BIG way!! My rent for this house (which I loved sight unseen because I knew God prepared this home for me) is actually lower than my mortgage payment of the house that I lost, less than any apartment rent that I have paid since that time!

Wow!! When God showed up with the answer to my persistent prayer, He showed up BIG TIME!! He knew exactly what I needed, knows that I love being near the water, knows that I love working outside and gardening and have missed this so much, even the fact that I love fireplaces and have always longed for a mantle above one, and there are no steps such as those I have now--something that Josh pointed out to me several times. Hmmm...I wonder if Josh is telling me that I'm getting older and need to live on one floor without steps leading to this one floor?

I want to thank all of you who have left me comments about this new venture! I am so excited, and I can feel your excitement for me. I cried reading everyone of them!!

And, Tea--you can see that I'm going to need some of those lilies you mentioned!! There is a lot of bare space that needs to be filled--outside and inside!!

Oh, and it was too dark by the time we left, but there is already a barrel by the mailbox just waiting to be filled with flowers!! YIPPEE!!

This will be a slow process. I don't even own enough furniture for the living room or the entranceway. But, again--time, patience, prayer, and God will see me through--just as He always does!!

Beth


17 comments:

Denise said...

I am so beyond happy for you dear, the house is beautiful. I love you.

Judith said...

wow what a beautiful house which you will make a home. God bless you my friend, Judith

Knittin Kudzu said...

Beth, your post brought tears to my eyes! I am so very excited for you! God is so good. I am praying blessings upon your new home and blessings upon Josh for his generosity of spirit!

Blessings, Sandy

Marsha said...

Oh Beth, I'm just THRILLED for you! What a wonderful blessing.

The wall mural picture is a lot like the closing picture in the video I posted yesterday! Too funny!

Have a wonderful time the next few weeks packing and arranging furniture in your mind.

Have a blessed week.

pam said...

WOO HOO---this is SO EXCITING! I wish lived close enough to share all the flower starts that are just waiting in my yard. God loves you! I bet you could not have imagined such a blessing and look at all that He worked together for His daughter. Looking forward to updates over time...all the changes you are picturing already.

Dorothy Champagne said...

Thank you for taking the time to share all of this with us. I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see what you'll do with all the places to plant flowers. And spring is right around the corner!

Sharon said...

Now this is exciting, I am soooo Happy for YOU!!!!!! I felt all of your excitement, I felt you smiling from ear to ear, and the best part I can feel you praising God for the gift he has presented to you. You made me feel like I was moving in with you, hahaha!
Yes I can see where you have to beautiefy things...
Enjoy the blessings you are recieving, continue to rejoice!
I see your honey is like my honey blessed with many talents!

Have a blessed week oh no wait let me rephrase that, Continue having a blessed week
Hugggsss
Sharon

Aunt Kathy said...

What can I say??? Except...

My God Shall Supply All My Needs, According To His Riches In Glory,
He Will Give His Angels Charge Over Me,
Jehovah Jireh Cares For Me

Jennifer said...

That is awesome, Beth! I will have to go back and catch up...haven't been on very much over the past week.

I am so happy for you!!! What a beautiful home you will have and I love the creek! I can see you now sitting on the deck, knitting and reading your Bible.

God is so good!!! You are truly blessed and for less money...you go, girl...well, you go, God!!!

Can't wait to see pictures when you are all settled in.

Kelly said...

I could almost cry reading this Beth. You deserve this. I am just so THRILLED for you!!!! The view is spectacular!!! And you will be in your element with all the planting you have planned.

I LOVE the kitchen countertops, and the backsplash. BEAUTIFUL!

You hug that young man for all of us ladies. He made us all smile, not just you.

Peggy said...

Yes, Jehovah Jireh cares for Beth...for Beth...for Beth!!!

Where do I start? Thank You Lord!

What beautiful photos! What a beautiful view! What a precious home! What a fabulous fireplace!
Less is more! Forget filling it with more furniture. Simple is best! Space for Ms. Kitty Miles!
I LOVE THAT SCENE ON THE WALL!
When it's too cold outside set your room up to look at this scene!
All of God's Glory!

Josh looks pretty fine standing there in that gorgeous green countertops...with your appliances!
AWESOME! Washer, dryer, fridge, stove...fireplace!!!

And NEIGHBORS that are neighborly!!
Thank You, thank You, Thank You, LORD! and you, too Josh...you are just a wonderful friend of the family and so thoughtful & handy!
May God double bless you as you have blessed Beth!Day by day...take it easy! O dear Lord 3 things I pray...to see there more clearly
follow Thee more nearly...love Thee more dearly...day be day! That 3rd room is the guest room...like Cara,
Lindsay, me!!!!! Maybe we need the fencing for my dogs (lol) kidding!

ENJOY your new home! And each PROVISION from moving to fix ups all taken care of by the Almighty!
Keys to a new kingdom...are you sure there's no catch? Not with God

Perfect home for the perfect woman of God! Bless Josh for how he was a mighty instrument of God! I know you've told him.

SimplyMe said...

All I can do it sit here and grin like an idiot for you.

Anonymous said...

That same grin is on my face too! I don't know why we should be so surprised by His goodness and His love, not because of who you are, but because of Who He Is!
He knows every detail of what you need and takes such gentle care of you.
Blessings beyond blessings be upon you, all for His glory.
WooooooooooHooooooooooo!!! WooooooooooHooooooooooooo!!!

Prise His Holy Name.

magnoliasntea said...

Wow!! The Lord is so good!!!
The fireplace is just gorgeous!
I love burgundy! I love your new house.

Lilies. Comin' right up..soon as you're ready to plant them. :)

GranthamLynn said...

Oh I am thrilled for you. I know exactly what you mean. God supplied a new house for us. He worked out all the details and we just love it! Enjoy the fun of making it yours.
I love it. It is really pretty and what a view. And a fireplace!
I am praying that the move and everything else goes smoothly.

Debbie Petras said...

Oh Beth, I am so happy for you! I loved reading about all the details of your new home. What a wonderful reminder to me that God knows our desires better than we ever could. I am delighted for you and hope that you can continue to share with your blogging friends about your move, etc. God bless you.

Angela said...

OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS! I came yesterday to look the house and flipped!! I LOVE it. Red,,red,,red, my favorite colour, AND you have shutters in RED, I'm praying for shutters in RED at my house!! BY THE WATER..oh my GOODNESS, huge dream of mine. The view that you have.Forget picturing you knitting, I already have pictured me and you sitting on your deck with a cup of tea looking out at the water,LOL...God is AMAZING and so WONDERFUL. I praise God for His lavish love that He has showered upon you my precious sister.