Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saturday........

Here it is--Saturday morning, and I'm off to work--AGAIN!! The place I don't want to go to, the place that I'm so tired of, and here I go AGAIN!!

There were many stresses and turmoils this week......so many underlying tensions that erupted to the surface--people exploding at each other, everyone stressed to the max...and I have to ask myself "why"?

Yes, I know.......I have been told by many to take the "why" word out of my vocabulary. But, I need to know....am I to stay....am I to go.....is this the place where I am to bloom where I am planted?

It is very difficult to be a "shining light" in a place of darkness, and I feel my light growing dimmer by the day in that place. I pray for strength each morning to carry me through the day. I sit in my car before I even enter the door....pray for God's blessings upon this place.

My patience and strength are wearing thin, as are everyone else's.

I go today because I am scheduled to go--not because I want to go. I don't like feeling this way, and I spend time crying on my way to work....I have even cried at work at the mention of words that may strike me the wrong way.

Nothing to do about it today--I must go, and that's that!!

Moving on:

Cara had her wisdom teeth removed on Monday, and she is doing well following this surgery. The only complication was when Lydia accidentally bumped her head into Cara's cheek and one area started bleeding again. Other than that, the surgery went very well.

The repacking of Cara's incision has finally been called to a halt. We did this the last time on Wednesday, removed it yesterday, and the general concensus of the doctors is to now leave this open and HOPEFULLY the remaining open area will heal on its own. I hope it heals closed now--two months and one week following her C-section!!

I've been taking some knitting or crocheting to work with me--trying to relax a little during my 1/2 hour lunch break. I usually don't seem to accomplish much with the exception of a few rows.

I was working on a dishcloth yesterday (yes, another dishcloth!), and one of my co-workers was admiring this. She said that she would like a few of them. I asked her what colors she would like, and she said, "Exactly what you have there".

So, a three dishcloth sale made during my lunch!!

Now, that Cara is a little more settled, we're going to start her crocheting lessons so that she can get started on hotpads. Dishcloths, hotpads--easy to make, easy to sell. I'm looking into which flea markets are the busiest and best around this area.

I'm also thinking of making some of the market bags that I made for CHRISTmas, 2009, for Lindsay. Many of her friends have admired these, and these bags have been used for many things besides marketing.

Work this morning, knitting this afternoon. Tomorrow, Lindsay is coming over, and we're going to work on getting some things reorganized--things that have been left undone since she, Cara and Ryan moved in the beginning of November. Lindsay is a nonstop worker and a great organizer, and she will be a wonderful help to me.

Andrew will also be here, and Lindsay seems to be able to get him motivated--directing him to move this, take this out to the trash, up to the attic with this. So much more gets accomplished with us doing this together.....and I feel the burden of all of this lifted with the help.

Instead of looking around and thinking "I don't know where to begin", there is someone else here to just dig in and start somewhere. When I have the "blahs" (which I do!), it is so easy to just not do anything.

Oh--any suggestions? Someone is my Small Group has a birthday next week. We enjoy celebrating each other's birthdays together. This person is very special to me, and I want to make something special to celebrate his birthday.

Problem being--he is not a "cake person", and we just celebrated the January birthdays last week with a cake.

Any suggestions for a dessert (or refreshment) that I can make for his birthday?

Beth

1 comment:

Kay Martin said...

I have some work challenges also. I have asked the FAther what would He have me do with the most difficult people. I really listened and I sensed I was in a valuable laboratory to study behaviors that were negative to study how I will guard against even a hint of that behavior.

That perspective completely changed the dynamics.

I will pray for you to hear Him on your situation.

You are loved!!!