Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Weekend

I can't believe the weekend is almost over--it feels like it just started!!

I've been busy this weekend--finished making curtains for a fellow worker for her cabin--28 curtains in all!! I've finished two KAL dishcloths that I'm going to send to Afghanistan (pictures posted tomorrow--they're still drying from blocking).

Church today--then to a friend's house to help her make a scrapbook for her son. He is graduating from Marine basic training on Friday--WAY TO GO!!! I'm just so proud of him. The last task he had to complete--The Crucible--52 hours of no sleep, no food, combat conditions, swimming in fatigues, crawling under barbed wire while ammunition is flying over your head--and then if that isn't enough, returning to base and packing all your belongings in a pack and carrying them on a 9 mile hike.

If he didn't complete this one last task, he would be sent home. But, he came through and completed--so, now he is a Marine. Of the 365 recruits there, all made it but one.

I went back to work on Thursday, and by Friday afternoon I was exhausted. I was missing that midafternoon nap I was used to taking!!

Off to bed now for another full week!!

Have a wonderful rest of the evening!!

Beth

No comments: